Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health Management (PGDipPHM)
To enhance the capacity of the public health managerial workforce through the conduct and delivery of a specially designed postgraduate diploma course in Public Health Management.
Applicants should have a graduate/postgraduate degree in medicine, AHCM, dental, nursing, pharmacy, health sciences, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, natural/life sciences, management, social sciences, social work, economics, statistics or any equivalent qualification.
Candidates with work experience in health/ development sector will be given preference.
PGPH601; Human Resource Management 3Credits
PGPH602; Health Communication and Promotion 3Credits
PGPH603; Financial Management 3Credits
PGPH604; Public Health Nutrition 3Credits
PGPH605; Logistic Planning, Distribution/ Inventory Management 3Credits
PGPH606; Project Management 3Credits
PGPH607; Communicable Diseases 3Credits
PGPH608; Research Methods and Operations Research 3Credits
PGPH609; Environmental and Occupational Health 3Credits
PGPH610; Health Systems and Health Sector Reforms 3Credits
PGPH611; Health Management Information Systems 3Credits
PGPH612; Quality, Equity and Access to Health Care 3Credits
PGPH613; Organizational Behaviour 3Credits
PGPH614; Urban Health Issues 3Credits
PGPH615; Non-Communicable Diseases 3Credits
PGPH616; Health Policy and Health Care Planning 3Credits
PGPH617; Student Seminar 3Credits
PGPH618; Research Project 6Credits
- Program planning and management
- Project development and management, monitoring and evaluation
- Good understanding of national health programmes and guidelines
- Health Policy and Environment Analysis at District, State, and National Levels
- Practical knowledge of conducting primary quantitative and qualitative research
including tool development and data collection, data management etc.
- Data analysis using statistical packages and report writing
- Adequate managerial skills including Human Resource Management, Financial
- Management and Logistics and Drug distribution