ABOUT IHM, NIGERIA
Health care is a cardinal aspect of every society must be properly managed to achieve the intended result, hence the need to pull ideas and experiences together and flow in a common direction that benefits all stakeholders in healthcare delivery by training and retraining, setting out ethical standard and updating of all practitioners engaged in the practice and act of managing healthcare institutions, organizations, and agencies, especially in the developing countries of the world.
The institution is propelled by a constituted Council drawn from relevant stakeholders in healthcare institutions; the Council has the sole responsibility of making policies for the secretariat operation.
The Institute of Healthcare Management, Nigeria is a professional body of practitioners engaged in healthcare management. The institution is registered in Nigeria under guarantee after due approval by the Office of Attorney General of the Federation and the Federal Ministry of Education in 2011.
The Institute main focus is to professionalize the practice of healthcare management, improve the capacity of practitioners from time to time and strive to set standards in the practice of healthcare management in Nigeria
“Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings”
WHAT WE DO
1. Conduct research for the purpose of improving service delivery and the general practice of healthcare management.
2. Liaise with similar institutions abroad and facilitate exchange of ideas, activities and improve the practice of healthcare management in Nigeria.
3. Train and develop healthcare managers and administrators from time to time and focus on scientific, management, economic research, and development.
4. Advance the promotion of consultancy services in healthcare management, and to establish and operate consultancy centers for clients in healthcare management and related profession.
5. Organize, arrange, hold, promote and sponsor lectures, seminars, symposia, workshops and others for exchange and dissemination of information in the field of healthcare management and administration.
6. To enhance the development and upholding of ethical conduct of members to meet international acceptable standard of practice.
- To conduct research for the purpose of improving the service
delivery and the general practice of healthcare management
- To liaise with similar institutions abroad and facilitate exchange
of ideas, activities and improve the practice of healthcare management
- To train and develop healthcare managers and administrators from
time to time and focus on scientific, management, economic research
- To advance the promotion of consultancy services in healthcare
management, and to establish and operate consultancy centers for
clients in healthcare management and related profession.
- To organize, arrange, hold, promote and sponsor lectures, seminars,
symposia, workshops, and others for exchange and dissemination of
information in the field of healthcare management and administration.
- To enhance the development and upholding of ethical conduct of
members to meet international acceptable standard of practice.
IHM Mission statement
We Empower Healthcare professionals at Various levels with Modern Management skills in Africa and Beyond.
We achieve this through our well trained, well Motivated Staff Members who have varied experiences globally in the field of Healthcare Management.
In achieving our Strategic objectives, we take into consideration emerging global trends that have a direct or indirect bearing on the Health of citizens.
We partner with other Institutions globally with a view to be having a cross-functional Management template.
Our core value is to ensure that positive Health Outcomes become the norm.
– Dr Joseph Asan. BMBCH, MBA(mgt) PhD (Health Psychology)
Membership is open to managers of healthcare institutions, facilities, projects and activities such as Hospitals, HMOs, NHIs, Related Teaching Institutions, Related Research Institutions, Medical and Health Laboratories, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical industries and related NGOs.
Members of the Institute are categorized based on experience and qualifications; the following categories are approved for purpose this purpose
(i) Fellow ( FHMN)
(ii) Senior Member ( SMHMN)
(iii) Member (MHMN)
(iv) Associate (AHMN)
(v) Graduates (GHMN)
(vi) Affiliates (AfHMN)
HOW TO APPLY
Download membership application form (Click Download button below)
pay the sum of five thousand Naira only (5,000.00) into the Institute account No 2020467018 in any branch of First Bank Nigeria Plc nationwide.
Fill and return the form by post or attachment through e-mail with copies of :
- Curriculum Vitae
- All credentials entered on the form
- evidence of current position at work (appointment or last promotion letter)
- deposit slip of First Bank Plc.
Usually, the Secretariat respond to applicants within two (2) weeks of receiving applications under normal circumstance, qualified candidates are invited for induction into the Institute on merit while those that are judged not to be quite sufficient in experience and qualification may be required to run a professional certificate programme prior to registration as members.
The benefits are expected to boost, encourage and support your job and career in various ways
Membership has a range of benefits and services package which includes but not limited to the following:
1, Professional recognition and affiliation with managers across all areas of healthcare setting worldwide
2, Networking and continuous educational opportunities
3, National, Regional and International seminars and conferences
4, Membership journal published periodically
5, Fellowship programmes
6, Register of members
7, Study Tours and Exchange Programmes
8, Designator letters for members
9, Legal and Administrative advise for members and employees